Wednesday 18 April 2018

Positive People and Energy Vampire!

I am ashamed to admit that I have spent far too long over the past few days fretting over comments and actions made by other people. I have come to realise that in life there are some people who seem to have a knack of sucking out all of your positive energy after just a short time in their company. It maybe that they spend the whole time complaining about everything, or very subtly highlighting all of your flaws so that your self-esteem plummets , they maybe the braggers or they maybe the jealous type. I call those people that slowly suck the life out of you 'Energy Vampires'. I am the type of person that likes to try and get along with everyone and I feel guilty if I go away thinking horrible thoughts about another person. But I am now forced to admit that unfortunately we just can't get along with everyone and when you feel like your happiness, self-worth and positive energy is being continually affected by another person it's time to consider whether you really should have them in your life. Of course it's not always easy to get them out of your life. While considering this problem my thoughts suddenly moved to thinking of those people who are the complete opposite. The ones who make you feel like you could conquer the world after a short time in their company. I'm talking about those upbeat, positive type of people. The ones that make even the dullest activity sound like amazing fun, the adventurous, encouraging, warm and joyful people whose positivity is contagious.
    After much consideration I came to the following decision regarding my unsettling weekend:
1. After contact with Energy Vampires I must not become one myself. What I mean is, if I'm left feeling anxious and angry I won't go bringing other people down by complaining to them about my bad experience.
2. I must think about those positive people that I am drawn to and make a conscious effort to be like them. In fact make that my life's purpose.

I found a great article about just this at http://www.creativeaffirmations.com/positive-character-traits.html . The site provides a list of positive character traits. It encourages you to choose the ones you like the best and focus on and develop them. The words I would most like to be described as are: Happy, Optimistic, Loving, Considerate, Vibrant., Enthusiastic, Grateful, Proactive, Encouraging and Warm. I feel guilty that for a while now the more unpleasant aspects of my personality have been coming to the fore but at least I have realised this and as I have said before we all have the opportunity to choose again and I choose to be and an energy booster and not a drainer so say 'Hello' to this ray of sunshine which is the new me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment