Tuesday 29 May 2018

Finding Peace

I read somewhere that we only need to ask God to bring us peace and to trust him to work out what that will be and how it will come to be in our life. It is true as humans we can't help wanting to take control and I find it difficult to believe that God can know what is going to make me truly happy without me giving him some pointers first. One of my worse preconceptions is that true happiness can only ever really occur if I am financially secure. I begin to think well how is that ever going to happen without more money, so before I even give God the chance to start making changes in my life I have already dismissed it as impossible.
While pondering on thoughts of what makes me feel at peace however, I realised it eventually came down to three basic principles.
1. Experiencing love with other people.
2. Appreciating the beauty and the wonders of nature.
3. Experiencing what my own body can do, those 5 amazing senses and how amazing they can make me feel.
My prayer is that I trust God completely to bring more peace into my life in whatever form that maybe and I will keep in mind those three basic principles none of which actually included winning the lottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment