Wednesday 25 July 2018

A Daily Ritual

I like most have a super hectic life. I know that if only I can allow myself a moment of daily quiet time I can allow God to enter in and guide me but I often think I have too much to do and trying to switch off  and stop all those thoughts entering me head is really difficult. First of all I have to remind myself that finding just 5 minutes of quiet time is probably the most worthwhile thing I will do all day. I have found that just telling myself to STOP actually helps me to do what it says. I say to myself:
Stop for a moment and relax
Stop for a moment, trying to do 101 things
Stop for a moment trying to figure everything out
Stop for a moment feeling guilty about everything

Surprisingly saying these words gives me the permission to allow myself to just sit quietly and relax. Stop for a moment and allow your mind to to be blank and allow your body to relax.
When I feel ready after a good period of relaxation I like to thank God for all the blessings he has sent me. If I look back a year and think of what was worrying me then, about what I wanted and didn't have, of things I hoped to do but seemed out of reach I can often see how much God has given to me. It makes me feel thankful that, although my problems, hopes and dreams seem trivial in the whole scheme of things, they are not to God he is always there working behind the scenes, often in very subtle ways,so that you hardly notice any changes but changes there are.
Often after giving thanks I don't feel like I need to ask for anything else. Reflecting on what I already have makes me feel very blessed but I find that after giving thanks it is a good time to write my to do list. I find I can focus better on what's important and also feel in the right mind to get things done and if there are any 'please can I have's' then I will add my requests in there too.
Try and add in five minutes of quite time each day, it's not a lot of time but it will make such a difference to not just your day but your life too.  Try it and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment