Thursday 13 September 2018

Just Do Something!

So I like to read self-help books and a lot of them suggest you visualise where you would like to be in the future. The more detail you can add the better and then you can start to plan what you would like to achieve in the next year, 6 months , the next week. Well I don't know in detail where I would like to be in the future. I know that I would like to feel content and I would like to feel relaxed and at peace. I know I would like to get up in the morning and think 'Yey, another great day!' instead of thinking I wish I wasn't at work today. It has been a source of much concern that I am so unclear about what I want and I have feared that because of this it is unlikely that anything will ever change . I have decided therefore that I will only look as far as the day that is in front of me. I have always said to myself 'If you don't know what to do, just do something'. I reckon that if I just do something rather than nothing each day then I must be taking one step forward towards my goal. So now when I wake up and I write in my journal anything that pops into my head that seems like a good idea to do, I will try and do. I figure that God will know better than me what will make me happy so I will leave it up to God to guide me and hopefully I will find that peace and experience a lot of joy on the way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment